Chicago: I return to a spinning record player & 8 diner mugs. I return for yogurt & raisins & a skylight. I return to doubt & the desire to be patient with it. I will twirl my hair forever. My ghosts will twirl their heads. They will burn on the roof deck.
Someone in Northampton has a new tattoo, a black outline of a dog on the forearm's white meat.
Someone else in Northampton has a cat named Frances.
Someone else in Northampton lets in mosquitoes.
Someone else in Northampton lies on a quilt.
Someone else in Northampton drinks tap water, lines up wooden animals on a guest desk.
Someone in New York is clanking around the ferris wheel, supervising sandy burials from rusty heights.
Someone else in New York stutters into a row of sidewalk pines.
Someone else in New York shares my fantasy: a house made of water slides.
Someone else in New York shaves her head & sips Russian beer.
Someone else in New York has my throat, is my cold war mistress.
Someone else in New York stores bobby pins in an empty candle box.
I have started a Summer 2014 To Do List. It looks like this right now, not in order of importance:
1) Take meditation classes ASAP to help w anxiety. Make brain better.
2) Establish Exercise routine
3) Write essay on ES*** ASAP
4) Write essay for After Objectivism
5) blurb KJS's chapbook
6) Re-read Sam’s Poem and give feedback
7) Research Writers in the Schools Chicago / make contacts
8) Get and read books/articles on Ethnography in Composition classes / update curriculum
9) Infuse vodka!
10) Plant dill and basil
11) Write letter to GC
12) Write Letters to all the people to whom I am behind on letter writing
13) Care package for JB.
14****** READ books on faith/atheism and WRITE. WRITE. ************