Monday, January 27, 2014

Snow-squeak Press

I'm incredibly excited to have my poem and an explanation of that poem on the Poetry Society of America's website today:
http://www.poetrysociety.org/psa/poetry/crossroads/own_words/Julia_Cohen/

I really, really am thrilled.

**

Today is another school day that's been cancelled due to the cold weather. No snow, no ice, just COLD weather. And I feel bummed because I was going to talk to my students today about Brent Staples' "Black Men & Public Spaces." And now, due to lack of classes, I'm going to have to cut an Alice Walker story from my syllabus. I know all the children and college students of the world of Chicago are gleeful due to school being cancelled, so I feel very far away from the glee. Which makes me feel OLD. But, dang it, I wanted to discuss Alice Walker with my students.

1 comment:

Taidgh Lynch said...

Hello Julia! I discovered you through Lisa's - Punching Little Birds in the Face blog. I really enjoyed your guest posts on The Best American Poetry Blog - gave me a lot to think about. Terrific poetry and prompts. Sometimes imagery can get stale and samey so I've been attempting the prompts and trying to inject a little more life into my poetry. It appears to be working. Thanks!