Thursday, November 15, 2012

In Case of Fire Press

I just re-found my all time favorite review of my old movie theater ("theter") when I lived in Sunset Park, Brooklyn:


Yuk The Most Disgusting Theter In the World

I've gone to many theters and there all clean and nic they all have good service but this one yukk i hate it ill never ever go there anymore. They have cold popcorn and have no clean place. All the chairs are broken and they permit cellphones so it's always so noice the kids just don't want to sit still. tThey have no good service. ANDTHEY ARE VERY DISRESPECTFULL. Yes there cheep but i could see why they have a dirty asss place and don't care for the custuomers. They also don't clean the theters. I took ma friends to the theter thinking it will be a nice time but ma friends had to leave me cuz they said it was all nasty and i staed there by myslef. Well not really by my self because last timei went there wasRATS. I was what the ***** i thought this theter was for humans not animal. ANd sometimes i smell really bad. The bathrooms aren't clean and smell bad. What is worse is that they let teenagers go in and they are relly disrespectfull to the elders. When i went the worse thing s that one of the man s that was suppos to be clening he sat down to watch the movie and i daid to myspel "why dosen't he do his job" and then to finish it up he grabed popcorn for FREE and ate it all up and left a mess and he didb't even clean it. I wanted to talk to the maneger and they told me leave you ********** old ;asy ths is themost nasty theter din't ever go there.

Pros: nothing

Cons: everything


**

Just to re-cap, some of my favorite lines are, "I took ma friends to the theter thinking it will be a nice time but ma friends had to leave me cuz they said it was all nasty and i staed there by myslef. Well not really by my self because last timei went there wasRATS. I was what the ***** i thought this theter was for humans not animal."

"And sometimes I smell really bad."

"Cons: everything"

**

I'm excited for the Bad Shadow reading this weekend. Also, Brian Foley is coming to town.

If you live in NYC you can kick it tonight at:

Belladonna* is pleased to present:

IOVIS Reading
Thursday, November 15, 2012; 7 pm
Poets House, 10 River Terrace, NYC

A group/polyvocal performance from Anne Waldman's award-winning epic The Iovis Trilogy:
Colors in the Mechanism of Concealment featuring her own reading with her son, Ambrose Bye, playing music. Other readers include Mei-mei Berssenbrugge, Ana Božičević, Amy King, Julie Patton, and Stacy Szymaszek.

The Iovis Trilogy, Waldman’s monumental feminist epic, traverses epochs, cultures, and genres to create a visionary call to poetic arms. Iovis details the misdeeds of the Patriarch, and with a fierce imagination queries and subverts his warmongering. All of Waldman’s themes come into focus—friendship, motherhood, politics, and Buddhist wisdom. This is epic poetry that goes beyond the old injunction “to include history”—its effort is to change history.

No comments: