Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Harmonics like a Deconstructed River Press

Ann Lauterbach writes: “To say sky in the face of sky / Is a failure of duration”

But Lily Brown reminds me that Mallarme offers:
"Revolt or flight is useless and absurd;
For I am haunted. The Sky! The Sky! The Sky!"


*
Things I can see while sitting on my bed:
a watering can
a birthday cake photograph lighting up all the chins in the frame
an empty purse & an empty hanger on the doorknob
3 electrical sockets
a wolf slowdancing with a girl
Gertrude Stein

*

I forgot to give you the best text message roundup that I received in September. Here we go, from the second half of my birthday month:

1) “Watchin’ Dawnson’s Creek, foldin’ laundry.”
2) “JULIA JULIA JULIA in my dream we were flying with a murder of crows and then you bit one of those motherf*ckers on the beak for trying to out-fly you.”
3) “I have no umbrella. When it rains, I’m wet.”

*

I’ve been listening to Oh No, the XX, Baths (yes, still), and Mayer Hawthorne today.

*

This is happening tonight in Denver!!:
Laird Hunt will be reading from his new novel, Kind One, at Tattered Cover on Colfax, Tuesday, October 9, at 7:30 p.m.
2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver

*
We can always see Gertrude Stein.

*

I miss seaweed. A landlocked heart. The mountains are an exit, a pile of vitamins, what books are afraid of. Your forest inclined to fur is duration. Paradise Cleaners & a barbershop. Or a fox that runs behind my bicycle like a friendly tail. To stay as long as— if the mountains will have me. Moody headphones & leaf-gleaning. Crystalline hibernation. A forest inside the cathedral like a desk drawer left open. What’s your longest feeling?

2 comments:

Lily said...

I, too, have been listening to the XX. The sky the sky the sky! xo

Julia Cohen said...

The Blue the Blue the Blue!