1. The hairdryer in my hotel bathroom has a tag that says, "warn children of the risk of death." In general? Um, Okay....
2. Discloser: I have a plum & a nectarine sitting on the nightstand.
3. From now on, when you ask someone how they're doing, you HAVE to say, "How's life in the fast lane?" just to see how they handle it.
4. Thank you John Stewart:
5. I know I haven't had a TV in 3.5 years but is this what ads are really like now? This is the cat treat ad the hotel just showed me:
Oh man, it's September 1st which means that new seasons of 30 rock, parks & rec, and, um, Vampire Diaries are available on netflix. Hello, netflix. But not really, because I don't think this semester I have time to watch anything...my schedule is a little daunting right now but I'm trying to remain calm: TA-ing two literature courses, working in the J&W writing center, working for the Denver Quarterly, and then applying for academic jobs for next fall.
6. In the meantime, I will admit to something that I should probably keep a secret. I love Vera Wang. This (wedding) dress rocks the leaves off all the branches, it rocks the clouds out of the clouds:
I feel like I've just shamed myself. To redeem myself I'll cook you a broccoli raab sandwich. I'll catch some clouds & stash them into your pillowcase. Eh, eh?