Monday, August 27, 2012

Everything We Make We Make for Tourists Press

While I'm leaving NYC, I think you should go to these two readings:

Wednesday, September 5, 6pm
WHITE SWALLOW READING SERIES
Cornelia Street Cafe
29 Cornelia Street
New York, NY
Rachel Zucker, Wayne Koestenbaum, Ariana Reines and Ben Fama

Saturday, September 15, 3-6pm
LADIES BROOKLYN TEXT-BASED SALON
The Drink
228 Manhattan Ave
between Maujer & Grand
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Rachel Zucker, Lee Ann Brown, Marjani Forté, Liz Clark, Nicole Dennis, and Bridgett Davis.

**

Also, I love the artist Karni Dorell and she's having open studios in Sept:

Dearest Friends and Colleagues -

My studio will be open to the public on the weekend of September 8th and 9th along with about 1800 other artists in Brooklyn!

I'm participating in GO a borough-wide open studio project organized by the Brooklyn Museum. Studio doors will be open to voters from 11:00am to 7:00pm on September 8 and 9, 2012. Community members registered as voters will visit studios and nominate artists for inclusion in a group exhibition to open at the Brooklyn Museum on Target First Saturday, December 1, 2012.

If you want to support me (and my fellow artists) here's what you have to do:

Register to vote & add my studio to your itinerary. Plan a walking studio day and see tons of art, have lunch around the corner from me at Jalopy Tavern

Share your itinerary via Facebook, Twitter, email, or blog

Gather your friends, neighbors, families and colleagues and come visit my studio over the GO open studio weekend.

·Sign up for GO news or follow GO on Twitter

There's a cute animation on this site of how it all works and best of all - a lot pictures of artists and their work! Here's my page: https://gobrooklynart.org/studio/kdorell
This is quite an opportunity. By being part of the active audience, you are spreading curiosity and the intellectual hunger this borough is known for.
GO and COME on the 8th &/or the 9th - we'll have a toast!

No comments: