Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cliff Diving Press

Beasts of the Southern Wild just got a bitchin' review in Rolling Stone:
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/beasts-of-southern-wild-20120628. Court 13, you are unstoppable. I'm going to be in Mexico when the movie releases in Denver, but will plan a film-date party for like July 20th when I'm back in town.

**

Today I'm in the office, trying to fold together the new issue of the Denver Quarterly. SS's dog is sitting on my lap, napping while I wrangle poetry, fiction, and reviews.

**

My brother's coming to visit the last weekend of July. He's threatening to rent a motorcycle & drive through the mountains. He can rock the motorcycle, I'm just afraid I'll freak out & lean the wrong way & then we'll go careening off a cliff. (Hi Mom & Dad, don't worry, I will only ever lean the correct way.)

**

My friend JPH put this Cath Bloom song, "It's So Hard," on a mix for me, & I was listening to it for the first time this morning, & actually cried. I think this might be the song that undoes the world:

WTF?!!!! I'm not someone who has a tendency to tears, but that Nelly Sachs poem I read in June & now this song are both destroyers.

No comments: