Sunday, May 13, 2012

DJ Jazzy Jeff Press

What happened this weekend? I'm not entirely sure. I believe I helped deejay a whiskey fueled mini dance party by mainly playing Rihana, TLC, En Vogue, Jay Z, Azalea Banks, Iggy Azalea. And the Beastie Boys? (I remember in 7th grade my mom picked me up from school and I played the Beastie Boys and she sang along to "Girls" and I loved it.) I went to 2 poetry readings & hosted a 3rd at my house. Which means there is leftover champagne in my fridge & containers of mini-brownies & mini-cookies that you all need to come back & finish. What else? Chinese food happened. And all prospects of hikes were rained out. F*ck off, rain. I realized there is no room in my heart for Frank Sinatra. I realized it's impossible to go into a used record store and not buy a record. For a dollar I bought DJ Jazzy Jeff. And Van Hef gifted me my favorite Bonnie "Prince" Billy album.

Okay, some photos from JD's birthday & the reading at my place:
pre-bowling birthday banter
JD stylin'
D'Count guarding my bed
As O'Hara writes, "you can't plan on the heart, but the better part of it, my poetry, is open."
blurry friends, blurry poets
Van Hef. Thinking, "Starfish"
A sincere thanks to everyone for coming to the reading. Thank you.


No comments: