Monday, May 14, 2012

Bus Stop Press

Last night SS, JD, & I decided to form a band. We’re called Team Fingerbang. These are the titles of the first 3 songs on our future album.

Karla’s Van
Generous Estimate
Too Many Macaroons

Now, SS needs to buy a tambourine, I need a small xylophone, & JD needs a child’s plastic piano. JD is also going to be the singer, that girl can sing. Unfortunately, I think we might all need to wait until we get paid next month to purchase our equipment. In the meantime, we can work on lyrics.

In other news, this is the last day I’m teaching Rankine’s Don’t Let Me Be Lonely. I’m going to show a clip from Magnolia and Fitzcarraldo since the book references those movies. And since the last class was centered on death, my plan is to concentrate today on concepts of hope.

Last night I had trouble falling asleep. I was up until about 3am & my alarm went off at 6am this morning. Good thing oatmeal always cheers me up. And hot showers.

I’ve been walking around my neighborhood a lot. What baffles me more than Santorum winning Colorado is that I STILL see so many Ron Paul signs up in people’s yards & windows. Colorado, you confuse me.

No comments: