Thursday, April 12, 2012

DIA to BDL Press

I'm at the airport right now. Basically, just hoping my plane is sturdy & safe.

I'm on a panel & reading at the Juniper Festival this weekend. I'll be there both days but doing the panel & reading on Saturday. I hope you are in MA & I can see your face. Show me your face. Please reenact the movie Face/Off. You can be Cage or Travolta. Or both. My favorite part of that movie: the magnetic boots all the prisoners have to wear. And by favorite I mean "most disturbing" and "it's not my fault my brother owned this movie when we were kids." Anyways, info:

Juniper Literary Festival: New Writers/New Writing: Schedule of Events

Friday, April 13
6:30 pm JOURNAL & BOOK FAIR opening reception
7:30 pm READING with Robert Fernandez, Amelia Gray, Anna Moschovakis, & Vincent Standley

Saturday, April 14
11:30 am JOURNAL & BOOK FAIR continues
12:00 pm READING with Christoper DeWeese, Corwin Ericson, Julia Holmes, & Paul Legault
1:15 pm ROUNDTABLES Nuts & Bolts: From Manuscript to Book, moderated by Zach Savich and Digital Hybrids: How New Media Shape New Writing, moderated by Blake Butler
2:30 pm ROUNDTABLES Editors' Reading, featuring bateau, Conjunctions, jubilat, & Noƶ Journal and Book/Art: The Book As Collaborative Form, moderated by Guy Pettit
3:45 pm READING with Blake Butler, Macgregor Card, Julia Cohen, & Anna Joy Springer
7:00 pm JOURNAL & BOOK FAIR reopens
7:30 pm KEYNOTE READING with James Tate, celebrating the publication of Eternal Ones of the Dream: Later Selected Poems
All events take place at the UMass Fine Arts Center. Free and open to the public.

No comments: