Monday, July 18, 2011

Field of Flashlights Press

I'm going a bit batty. Not in a good way. Like, the apocalypse, for example.

I played tennis in cut-off jean shorts and an 84 Lumber baseball cap last week.

I'm currently reading Frank O'Hara's collected poems, which weirdly don't seem to be organized in terms of order of THE BOOKS HE PUBLISHED, which would be HELPFUL. But I'm only up to page 64 so far, which are his earliest poems.

But who else handles exclamation points as well! as Frank O'Hara?

I've also been reading James Schuyler's writing on artists and his diaries. James Schuyler is a cloud poet. He obsessively documents what the clouds are up to. My favorite diary entry goes something like (I'm paraphrasing since I don't have the text in front of me), in its entirety: "The clouds are behaving like dilettantes and I have a stomach ache."

***

Paige Taggart has a new chapbook out which means what the fuck are you doing right now if not ordering her chapbook, Polaroid Parade, from Greying Ghost Press:
http://greyingghost.tumblr.com/#7635680028

***

New issue of Rabbit Light Movies featuring:
Carrie Olivia Adams, Michael Anichini, Mei-mei Berssenbrugge, Josh Corey, Kate Eichhorn, William Fuller, Lisa Janssen, Quraysh Ali Lansana, Simone Muench, Hideaki Noguchi, Kristy Odelius, Michael O'Leary, Melissa Severin, John Tipton, and Anne Waldman (featuring Junior Burke & Ambrose Bye): http://www.rabbitlightmovies.com/

1 comment:

Julie said...

It looks like you had fun last week playing tennis and practising some sports. I love doing then even though I´m not very good at any. Last year I travelled to Argentina and I got an apartment for rent in buenos aires in a super modern building that had many amenities. One of them was a tennis court. I spent a lot of weekends playing tennis with Argentine neighbours. Thanks to that i made new friends who i am still in contact with!
Jules