Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eliot Log Jam Press

These are quotes I like from Susan Howe's The Nonnconformist Memorial that I've been reading:



Actual world nothing ideal
-6

We plural are the speaker
-11

A question of overthrowing
-13

Love may be a stumbling //
Out on the great meadows
-14

The motif of searching
-15

She has a voice to cry out//
No community can accompany her
-15

I stray to stray
-16

Or break its boundedness
-20

Arranges and utters
words to themselves
Of how and first she
was possibly body
-24

Confessions implode into otherness
-25

Love is the orbed circle
-25

I will cross the frontiers
-28

It is the Word to whom she turns
True submission and subjugation
-30

Any trajectory is dense
outside the threshold
-33

who is the transgressor
-38

I’m free and I’m famished//
…Please feel my arms open
-40

the issue of legitimation
-41

turn your face to what told me
love grazed here at least
mutinous predominant unapparent
-45

theme theme heart fury
all is mutiny
-46

strange always strange
-48

No comments: