Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Double Load Daycare Press

More Celan lines to bring you to your knees:


I am the first to drink of the blue that still looks for its eye.
I drink from your footprint and see:
You roll through my fingers, pearl, and you grow!
You roll: the black hailstone of sadness
Is caught by a kerchief turned white with waving goodbye.

**

Make me bitter.
Count me among the amonds.

**

and carry the thing that’s uncertain
and carry the green thing into your Ever.

**

Set your flag at half-mast,
memory.

**

Speak—
But keep yes and no unsplit.

**

In the wind-shadow, thousandfold, you.
You and the arm
with which naked I grew towards you,
lost one.

The beams. They blow us together.
We bear the brightness, the pain and the name.

**

We
don’t know, you know,
we
don’t know, do we?,
what
counts.


**

and at times when
only the void stood between us we got
all the way to each other.


********

So I am reading this friday and saturday in Raleigh and Richmond. Hope to see you there, yo:

Raleigh, North Carolina, FRIDAY December 10th:
Lily Brown, Julia Cohen, Anna Lena Phillips, Nellie Bellows
8pm
Morning Times, 10 E. Hargett St.

**

Richmond, Virginia, SATURDAY December 11th:
Lily Brown, Julia Cohen, with contributors of the RVA zines lips and celestial bodies
6pm Vegan potluck
7 pm reading
The Flying Brick
506 S.Pine St., Richmond 23220

No comments: