Monday, September 20, 2010

Smash Smash Press

What have you been doing? Tell me.

I have been trying to write prose, reading Edmund Burke's Reflections on the French Revolution, reading Kafka's "In the Penal Colony," reading Wordsworth's "The Preludes," and also reading Kathy Acker's piece in Biting the Error (Coffee House, 2004).

Also, I have been teaching intro to creative writing. I'm going to ban the words heart and soul. And maybe the verb "to shatter."

Also, I have been watching a lot of Law & Order (season 4).

***

If you're in NY this Friday:

Stain of Poetry
presents:
September 24, Friday ~ Deborah Ager, Eric Amling, Bill Freind, Laura Hinton, Janet Holmes & Debrah Morkun!
7 PM on September 24 @ Goodbye Blue Monday – Bushwick, Brooklyn

Get yourself there, eh?

***

If you're in MA:

A jubilat/Jones Poetry Reading
Featuring:

Steve Healey
and
Lucy Ives

3:00 PM
Sunday, September 26th
Trustees Room, Jones Library
43 Amity Street, Amherst

No comments: