Monday, June 28, 2010

Tommy Toosoon Press

Jackie Clark has an awesome poem up at RealPoetik:

WE GATHER AT NIGHT


We have spent
the day collecting

like mercury.
Our shiny

beaded pool,
our independent

gauge. I am only
every adjective I can’t

think of and still
you are well-fitted

from bone to skin.
It is menacing

to acquire fences,
to drive down

from the mountain
day after day.



So you should go to the journal and check out her other work there. www.realpoetik.org

***

Don't forget that Travis Nichols is reading in Denver tonight.

***

I've been reading Rae Armantrout's Up To Speed (2004, Wesleyan University Press). If you haven't read it, I'd suggest you do:

1 comment:

steven karl said...

Haven't read much Armantrout at all. Just borrowed a couple books from Dan- I'll seek this one out too!

Are you NYC bound again?