Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Toaster for my Toaster Press

My blog ate my blog. This is my re-blog.

Snow Day. No joke, classes were cancelled on this fine, blustery Wednesday. There are heaps of snow.

People have been debating what constitutes a "heap."

Snow does.

***

M and I have been reading outloud Alice Notely's Grave of Light. It's been my secret shame that I've never read Notely before. She blows my mind. Now I need to take a bath and decide what to bring tub-side with me. You have to consider what you don't mind giving wrinkly pages to. Then I will play poker.

I will lose.

I mean, maybe I will win this time.

***
The new issue of Noo is up: wild, erratic, cottoncandy hanging from weeping willow trees:

PRESENTS
Pink & Hot Pink Habitat by Natalie Lyalin
Presented by Erin McNellis

The Difficult Farm by Heather Christle
Presented by Erin McNellis

A Mouth in California by Graham Foust
Presented by Ben Kopel

The Book of Frank by CAConrad
Presented by Mike Young

Put Your Head In My Lap by Claudia Smith
Presented by Christine Crutchfield

Easter Rabbit by Joseph Young
Presented by Mike Young

The Failure Six by Shane Jones
Presented by Ryan Call

Prose. Poems. A Novel. by Jamie Iredell
Presented by Ryan Call

PROSE
God in Frogs, Davin Malasarn
Baby Love, Meakin Armstrong
Everyone the Same, But Not At Once,
Cami Park
Griffin, Donna D. Vittuci
Giddy-Up Little Baby, Charles Hale
Indian Jones, AD Jameson
Burning the Air Between Here and There,
Sasha Fletcher
You're Dust, Steven Trull
The Only Thing Good Is the Moon,
Craig Greenman
Case History #3: Catie,
Carolyn Zaikowski
Gelatin, Kate Wyer

POETRY

Big Accident, Jeannie Hoag
Space Junk, D.A. Powell
Note to a Young Friend, K.M.A. Sullivan
When I Think of Sorrow I Think of Sparrows, Erin Elizabeth Smith
Two Prose Poems, Danika Stegeman
Four Questions, Thomas Patrick Levy
from Synesthesia: Of Moving Water, Eriosion, And Other Alterations,
Jordaan Mason
The Snow Globe, Dennis Cooper
My Endless, Terrifying Apprenticeship,
Dobby Gibson & Matt Hart
Microwave, Death Of, Stefi Weisburd
4.5: Nativity, Joe Hall
Tonight's Headlines, Kevin Sampsell

No comments: