Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Lung A Canoe Caught In The Branches Of A River, Expands Like The Night I Learned To Swim In The Dark Press

I've been having really bad sleep because tomorrow I teach 4th and 5th graders Blake's The Tyger for the first time, and I'm incredibly nervous. So basically, sitting in front of 10 and 11 year olds scares me. Basically, I'm a wimp. Or as my mamma would say, Get Thee To A Shrink And Deal With Your Anxiety Disorder.

Soon, mamma, soon. First, I must teach The Tyger. I've been distracting myself with purple sweatshirts:






I've been alternating between reading Freud's case study of the "Wolf Man" and Cortazar's Blow-Up & Other Stories.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Good luck with the kiddies. Don't worry, they can't hurt you. Except with their hands, feet, and teeth.

danielle v. said...

oh, julia... i'm glad i'm not the only one who's nervous! they're going to love you and think you're the coolest most beautiful thing ever! i'm teaching neruda. xox

Julia Cohen said...

cool, I am teaching Neruda for my second lesson. which poem of his did you choose? i'm doing Ode to a Watch at Night (well, a few sections of it). I hope your class goes well too!

danielle v. said...

I'm teaching from the book of questions...

i'm afraid i won't sleep at all... between freud and wolves and inverted desire and neruda and all of his questions!

i'll be glad when tomorrow afternoon comes and i've already met these kids!

Todd Colby said...

I wish you'd have come into my class when I was 10 and talked about Blake.