Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cremation Vs. Claymation Press

I've now relocated to Rhode Island, where I'm visiting my grandma. My grandma, who has post-Polio syndrome and who is 86, just found out she had 10 thousand dollars stolen from her by her caretaker. And she does not want to press charges, even though we have the woman on camera stealing from her ATM account, because she "feels bad for her."

I'm not sure how to get her denial to wear of so that we can do something about this. Not only do I want to protect my grandma, I want to protect other elderly people from being victimized by the same person. Apparently all my other relatives talked her to death about this before I arrived, so now I have to wait a few days before broaching the subject. I've been lying in bed the last few nights fantasizing about slashing the ex-caregiver's tires, etc. It's not pretty, how furious I am right now.

***

In other news, I had a dream that elephants behaved like lemmings and stampeded off of cliffs.

***

Last night I saw 2012 with my brother and dad.

***

I'm reading in Cambridge this coming Thursday but I don't have all the info for it yet, so I will post that when I'm fully informed. But I hope to see you there. Yes, you.

Cookie-cheeks.

***

I've been looking up/at antlers. Check these out:




***

Did you ever check out the last issue of Effing Magazine? Let me remind you how much I'd love it if you snagged a copy, since I guest-edited it and, so, clearly want to make sure people fall madly in love with it. So get it here:

featuring work by:
Christian Hawkey, Lynn Xu, Dorothy Lasky, Tony Tost, Graham Foust, Farrah Field, Aaron Kunin, Mark Bibbins, Akilah Oliver, Kimberly Lyons, Justin Marks, Rachel Zucker, Abraham Smith, Anne Heide, Shane McCrae, Ada Limón, K. Silem Mohammad, Timothy Liu, Jill Magi, Kiwao Nomura, Forrest Gander, and Kyoko Yoshida

No comments: