Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baroque Obama

There seems to be only two things on the TV news today in my hotel:

1) The Obamas got a puppy!

2) A Sunday school teacher's granddaughter killed her daughter's best friend, possibly raped her with a 'foreign object,' and dumped the body in an irrigation ditch. The community is in shock.

Thoughts? I was pretty sure there was more going on in the world than this, but I guess not at 8am in San Diego.

***

On my flight over here I was in a plane filled with high school students from Arrowhead, Colorado. The boy and girl sitting next to me SWORE to the kids sitting ahead of them that they were NOT going out. They were ONLY friends. But then as the plane ride progressed, this boy and girl continued to find every excuse to touch each other via sharing ipod headphones, looking at each other's cell phones, and resting on each other as they 'napped' and looked at Sky Magazine. And by the end of the 3 hour ride, they totally kissed. So, basically, I watched high school 'buddies' become a high school 'couple.'

Also, the girl sitting in front of me swears that Keith, sitting in 15B, is the cutest!

***

Brian Foley has poems up at No Tell Motel this week. Check them out: http://www.notellmotel.org/

4 comments:

Dorothea Lasky said...

Guess what? I'm in San Diego right now!

Katharine Ankofski said...

The Obamas should have gotten a cat instead.

Julia Cohen said...

I totally ate Pinkberry with Dottie Lasky. I have photos to prove it.



Kate, how about a flying squirrel?

Katharine Ankofski said...

Acceptable.