Thursday, February 26, 2009

Seven Legs Dangle from the One I Hold Press

Here is your mission if you choose to accept it:

Write a poem with the title:

Second Only to Sticking Your Hand in the Toaster & Turning the Heat Up to Bikini Island

If you email me the poem I'll post it on my blog. & I'll like you more than I did before.

***


Friday night is the first night I'm going out this week. And there are two things I want to go to. One is free and starts early, so that might win out. In the WIn Out Contest my bedtime is early. So, here they are:

1) At the Poetry Project at 10pm:
Flim Forum Press presents the poetry anthology A Sing Economy, featuring readings by Jessica Smith, Stephanie Strickland, Jennifer Karmin, Thom Donovan, John Cotter, Jaye Bartell, Kate Schapira, Deborah Poe, Eric Gelsinger, and editors Matthew Klane and Adam Golaski. Flim Forum Press provides space to emerging poets working in a variety of experimental modes. Other FF volumes include the anthology Oh One Arrow and The Alps by Brandon Shimoda.

2) The Stain of Poetry: A Reading Series presents
February 27th @ 7 p.m. - Stain Bar - Williamsburg , Brooklyn
*Jason Gray, Tony Mancus, Deborah Poe, Ric Royer, Mario Susko and Jessica Reed*

***

I really love this image by the artist Karni Dorell:


***

It's 8:30, so 3 1/3 hours until Friday.

Right?

No comments: