Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PowerPoint vs. PowerYak Press

It's In Your Face Ash Wednesday. I'm always surprised by the first ash I see. I was on my way to Subways. Which brings me to the real topic of discussion. I'm slightly afraid I may get hooked on Subways because for $5.18 I can get one 6'' sub (Veggie Delight), one soda (diet Sprite...shhh), and 1 bag of chips (Lay's Original, which most likely will end up inside the sub). Am I allowed to do this for what may turn out to be 2 straight weeks or is someone going to stop me?

**

Anyways, the new issue of CapGun Magazine is out, starring such starlets as:
Fredrik Nyberg :: Zachary Schomburg :: Rachel B. Glaser :: Melissa Ginsburg :: Laura Solomon :: Matthew Rohrer :: Andrew Richmond :: Jen Tynes :: Cate Peebles


**

This is Keith Newton's poem, "I Lived Among Girls" over the music video for the Portastatic song "I Wanna Know Girls." Phil Morrison made the video:

8 comments:

Matt said...

I think Subway has accounted for between 30-40% of all my meals in the past 3 years.

Ana Božičević said...

This morning I saw a nice-looking lady with an ash and I thought it was a mole on her forehead. I constructed this whole narrative about my head about how it felt for her boyfriend to love her with her large, distinctive mole. Would he feel drawn to it? Would he miss it when she died? Then I saw another lady with the ash and thought: Duh. And I'm a former Catholic or something.

Ana Božičević said...

I mean IN my head. Duh.

Julia Cohen said...

I construct narratives ABOUT your head all the time, darling.

Sam Stone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wunderlost said...

I think Subway is one of the most positive elements of Modern Life. It's got all the good parts of fast food with only a few of the bad. Regarding ash: imagine the pope putting his cigarette out on your forehead.

Julia Cohen said...

Imagine.

Mathias Svalina said...

That's my favorite line from the John Lennon song.