Monday, February 2, 2009

Can You Beg But Not Differ? Press

I watched the majority of the superbowl in the Bronx last night. I'm not sure what else to say about that. Oh, before I arrived at the place where I was to watch the superbowl, I bought a bouncy ball at an ice hockey rink, and then I walked around the Bronx in the warm winter and bounced the ball around. It was really toasty out yesterday, and I'm happy to confirm that I can amuse myself for well over an hour with a pavement and a ball in the Bronx as long as the sun feels warm.

***

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, who commented on it over at the htmlgiant blog, and who emailed me. If you haven't read or are behind on reading Anne Boyer's blog, you should really head over there: http://odalisqued.blogspot.com/. Here are previous blog entries of Anne's I've enjoyed: here and here and *here*. I'm mentioning Boyer because she is someone who brings energy, thoughtfulness, and joy to her writings about writings that I soundly appreciate.

***

I'm going to this tomorrow. Care to join me?

Tuesday, February 3rd, 6:30 PM

New York City
The popular new series in New York's historic Fraunces Tavern,
featuring DANA GOODYEAR and MATTHEW ZAPRUDER.
Admission is free.
Fraunces Tavern
54 Pearl Street (corner of Broad Street)
Presented in partnership with the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council.

***

Then on Wednesday I'm going to this:

Wednesday, February 4, 8 PM
Anne Boyer & Stephanie Strickland

Anne Boyer is the author of The Romance of Happy Workers (Coffee House, 2008), Art is War (Mitzvah Chaps 2008), Selected Dreams with a Note on Phrenology (Dusie 2007), and Anne Boyer's Good Apocalypse (Effing Press 2006). She lives in Kansas and teaches at the Kansas City Art Institute. Stephanie Strickland’s fifth book of poems, Zone : Zero (book + CD), was just published by Ahsahta Press. Her latest collaborative hypermedia work, which she will read from, was introduced in Paris and shown at the Zaoem poetry festival in Ghent. She teaches experimental poetry and e-lit at many colleges and universities, most recently the University of Utah, and is working on a book-length sequence of poems, “Huracan’s Harp.”

1 comment:

Cynthia Joffrion said...

Thanks this is interesting