Thursday, December 11, 2008

Consider My Heart's Blog Posted Press

What are you getting your friends and family for the holidays?

Anything?

Please tell me, please?

I don't know what to get my brother. Did you know that people are still making American Pie movies? I find it very discouraging to see a 'hot' girl, a 'dorky' boy, and a 'sheep' on the cover. I googled "presents" to see what gifts would come up and this happened:

These are also "presents" according to google:


My brother is in for a treat.
***

The new issue of Word for/Word is out, #14. These lovely poets kick it:

Emily Anderson, Teresa K. Miller, Amish Trivedi, Lisa Lightsey, Elizabeth H. Barbato, Cristiana Baik, Autumn Carter, Hanna Andrews, Ian Davisson, Michael Rothenberg, Lynn Strongin, Felicia Shenker, Allison Carter, Ryo Yamaguchi, Aby Kaupang

The issue also features visual poetry like Karl Kempton and Tim Willette.

This was one of the earliest journals to take my poems years ago, so I have deep gratitude to Jonathan Milton for his encouragement. He is accepting submissions until July, so send your work his way.

***

I forgot to mention earlier this week that The Home Video Review of Books: Vol 1, Issue 2 is out. I think Shimoda and Shirinyan's reviews are particularly poignant. In this issue you will find reviews of:

Gina Myers' Behind the R
Kim Hyesoon's Mommy Must Be a Fountain of Feathers
Lisa Jarnot's Night Scenes
Dan Machlin's Dear Body
Brett Price's Trouble with Mapping
John Taggart's There are Birds
Ara Shirinyan's Your Country Is Great
Brandon Shimoda's The Alps
Joel Chace's Matter No Matter
Jon Godfrey's City of Corners
Jen Tynes's Heron / Girlfriend
Anne Heide's Wiving
Anne Boyer's Art is War
Darcie Dennigan's Corinna A-Maying the Apocalypse
Allison Carter's Shadows are Weather
Mark Cunningham's Body Language


To submit a book for review send review copies to:

HVRB
c/o Julia Cohen & Mathias Svalina
505 62nd St, #C2
Brooklyn, NY 11220

Staff Reviewers:
Zachary Schomburg, Daniela Gesundheit, Dan Goldman, Stephanie Sherman,
Ken Rumble, Jon Pack, Jayna Maleri

***

Have you all been reading about the cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe? 800 have died, 15,000 are infected, and half the country's population is at risk. I personally think that Mugabe should be put in a dark, moldy cage that smells like the decomposing bodies of all of the people he has knowingly killed either directly or indirectly through his policies.

Is he only still in power because our own government doesn't care that much about countries that do not effect the 'oil crisis'?

***

Speaking of oil, I really hope that we appoint Peter Sarsgaard as the new Car Czar.

***

I'm all about ending on a high note.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hmm. I don't know, I think Stellan SkarsgÄrd has more executive experience...