Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Think It's Unprofessional to Wear a Giant Sweater That Ends Right Below Your Tush & Black Tights & High Heels To Work & I Wish It Would Stop Press

If you subtract all of the office work I did today, which was in fact very productive, (and I hope many of my academic authors will be very appreciative of my thorough responses to their emails,) this is what I'm left with when I account for the rest of my time:

1) at about 9:45 am

Obama dances on Ellen:

I'm going to be honest, I think this is very cute.

2) at about 11am:

Twiggy Twiggy:


3) at about 2pm:

Kiiiiiii:


4) at about 4pm:

Listented to Stars of the Lid on myspace.


5) at about 4:45pm I started reading the new issue of Gently Read Literature to hear what Chris Glomski has to say about Noah Eli Gordon's poetry. (Which I disagree with in a number of places, but to each her own.) And what Michael Wahlgren has to say about Karen Volkman's Nomina.


6) took a moment to contemplate how people dress inappropriately at work.

also 7) two blog posts in one day!

1 comment:

Tim Peterson said...

Thank you for acutely summarizing something about the fashion zeitgeist that has been bothering me. I think it's probably the influence of American Apparel.