Friday, October 10, 2008

Androcentric Framework Press

You should check out the current issue of Intercapillary Space, the whole issue is composed of essays and such about Alice Notley. And oh how we love our Alice Notley.

This is a great journal I didn't know much about until now.

***

Hopefully I will see all of you at Earshot reading tonight. Watch out for the house whiskey, though, it hurts.

***

So I saw the movie Blindness and dragged down a number of my friends with me. My review:


Another triumphant hurrah! for male directors and male script writers: They managed to turn the leading heroine into a not-even-glorified seeing eye dog for the blind people of an entire city and one blind, yet adulterous husband.

We all looked just as confused and offended as Mark Ruffalo, above.

***

I hardly receive spam at my work email address. Today I received a spam email in German with 5 consecutive photos of cars, and then like 20 pictures of this same image:






Why?

***

2 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

i don't think i looked confused. just pissed. it would have been a better viewing experience if i, myself, had been blind.