Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Urban Fisherman Press

Hey, I forgot to tell you I'm reading this Friday. Can you come? Can you?

Oh good:

October 24th @ 7 p.m. - Stain Bar - Williamsburg, Brooklyn

stain
766 grand street
brooklyn, ny 11211
(L train to Grand Street,
1 block west)
718/387-7840
open daily @ 5 p.m.

Hosted by Amy King and Ana Bozicevic

READERS: Sommer Browning, Julia Cohen, Patrick Herron, Brian Howe, Ken Rumble, and Mathias Svalina

We'll be reading, alphabetically, so no sappy poet gets his/her feelings hurt. Do I really need to give you their bios? Naw.

***

If you are up to going back to Stain on Saturday, there is a great Ugly Duckling Presse reading scheduled:

Sat., Oct. 25th @ 6 p.m. - Stain Bar - Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Johannes Göransson, Fredrik Nyberg, Jennifer Hayashida & Eugene Ostashevsky!

***

Photo Essay Sans Essay from my grandmother's house:

My childhood breakfast set:




This last one might be my new author photo.
***







3 comments:

FirstPersonArts said...

Any chance this press was inspired by this film?

http://www.hookedinphilly.com

Julia Cohen said...

no...but now I'm retroactively disappointed that I missed the screening of "Hooked: Philly's Urban Anglers" on Oct 11th at the Red Hook International Film Festival.

Nathan Kensinger said...

You get a second chance to see "Hooked" - it will be screening again on Monday November 17th in Park Slope at the Brooklyn Independent Cinema Series....

http://www.brooklynindependent.com/