Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sometimes You Have To Throw Off the Wolf Blanket & Let the Cold Air In Press

If I had a metal band it would be called Black Salad.

****

Last night it was my job to wash the watercress to prep for dinner.

That was pretty much all I had to do.

So I did, and then I left the kitchen for a second to do something in the living room and when I came back, M found three (3!) snails in the watercress.

Then I took the garbage out. And when I came back, M had found 2 more snails in our watercress.

So we put the 5 snails in our big potted plant & hope they will be ok.

Dinner was snail-free.

***
This weekend I want to delete 90% of the music I have downloaded (it's basically all from a 4-2 years ago), learn how to download music again, and re-build my music so that I'm listening to new things & learning. If there is a certain album/band/composer you're in awe of right now, email me and let me know so I can listen: julesycohen@gmail.com

Ok?

****

Tonight I'm going to this little ditty:

Please join THE ST. MARK'S BOOKSHOP READING SERIES on Thursday, October 2nd, as we invite poets Joshua Clover, Simone Muench and Philip Jenks to the Solas stage.

JOSHUA CLOVER'S book of poetry The Totality for Kids is currently being translated into Polish and his critical book on The Matrix was recently published in Czech. He has just completed a book on pop music and the fall of the Berlin Wall, 1989: Bob Dylan Didn't Have This to Sing About.

SIMONE MUENCH'S second book Lampblack & Ash received the Kathryn A. Morton Prize for Poetry (Sarabande Books, 2005). Her latest chapbooks are Orange Girl (dancing girl press, 2007) and Sonoluminescence written with Bill Allegrezza (Dusie Press, 2007). She works collaboratively with Philip Jenks, with poems appearing in The Canary, Zoland, Eleven Eleven and others.
All St. Mark's Bookshop events are free to the public.

PHILIP JENKS'S latest book of poetry, My First Painting Will Be "The Accuser," was released by Zephyr Press. He works collaboratively with Simone Muench and plays regularly with recording artists The Howling Hex.

It begins Thursday, October 2nd, at 7:30 PM sharp, at SOLAS BAR (232 E. Ninth Street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues).

For more information go to www.noslander.com/stmarksbookshopreadings.html, contact Greg Purcell at stmarksbookshopreadings@yahoo.com, or stop by St. Mark's Bookshop, at 31 Third Avenue, near Ninth Street.

3 comments:

Elisa Gabbert said...

Ew!

Julia Cohen said...

we didn't eat any!

recommend music to me.

Maximum Etc said...

Joseph Spence. listen to Joseph Spence.

sorry didnt make it out last night- im dog-sitting this weekend and had to go pick the dog up