Friday, September 26, 2008

Expensive Potato Press

I ate a really expensive potato for lunch yesterday. It was good, but 8 dollars good? Even with a side salad?

***

It's supposed to rain all weekend. That might really ruin the plans to go to the Renaissance Festival in the Cloisters this Sunday. This is what I'll be missing:




I like this archer's red bandana.

I like how focused he is.

I wish I could focus like that.

What precision.
***

It might be nice to stay inside and get work done. Doesn't that sound kind of appealing? So much reading to do. I'm in the middle of this:

I'll tell you more about it when I'm done, but it's CD Wright so you should just get yourself a copy now.
***

Try me, rain.

***

Oh, this is happening at 10pm tonight at the Poetry Project. I'd love to see Šalamun but I don't know if I have it in me today:


Friday, September 26, 10 PM
Slovene Poetry: Cucnik, Pepelnik, Podlogar, Šalamun, Skrjanec

A book-release celebration with the participation of the following visiting poets from Slovenia: Primoz Cucnik, Ana Pepelnik, Gregor Podlogar, Tomaž Šalamun and Tone Skrjanec. A book signing for the second editions of Tomaž Šalamun’s Poker and Tone Skrjanec's Sun On A Knee. A special chapbook featuring the work of all five poets in English translation comes free with admission. *This event, a collaboration between Ugly Duckling Presse (Brooklyn) and Literatura Magazine (Ljubljana), kicks off a whole weekend of Slovene poetry in New York City.

No comments: