Monday, August 18, 2008

Who Made My Coat? What Is a Coat? Press

More from 1994 Tree Diary:

April 17
It is obvious my tree
has changed. There are
no leaves on it at all.
Now I can see rotted
apple's lying on the ground
around it. The kind of bud
on it is a Prepatched flower.

May 3
To identify my
tree in the winter,
I know it has a peely
bark. I can peel off one layer
of the bark. The bark
is gray. It has a small
narrow tree trunk.

Please note that in April my brother starts writing in script.

***
New issue of Diode is up.

Kazim Ali
Maureen Alsop
Abayomi Animashaun
Rane Arroyo
Sheila Black
Elena Karina Byrne
Juliet Cook
DJ Dolack
Susan Elbe
Noah Falck
Beckian Fritz Goldberg
Leslie Harrison
Sean Patrick Hill
Dan Kaplan
Dorothea Lasky
Dorianne Laux
Caleb Puckett
Doug Ramspeck
Lee Ann Roripaugh
Justin Taylor
G. C. Waldrep
Yun Wang
Susan Settlemyre Williams
David Michael Wolach

I totally fell for Elena Karian Byrne's poem Umbrella Fable. It starts with "Draw straws / Once, breath held over our heads" so go read it.

Also, G. C. Waldrep poems, I particularly like What Is an Antiphon.

***

Tom Cruise and the Best Poetry Reading:

1 comment:

Brendan Harman Alex Goldberg said...

All praise to the last barman poet. THIS IS WHAT READING POETRY ALOUD WAS ABOUT IN THE GOLDEN AGE, PRE-SLAM. Character, performance, sexual charisma, ELECTRICITY.

ALL HAIL THE DAWNING OF THE NEW DAY.