Friday, May 30, 2008

The Shakiest Secret Handshake Press

Since Gina popped the questions:

What were you doing five years ago?
1.) living in nyc for the summer after finishing my junior year at Wesleyan
2.) eating broccoli & white rice twice a day (it was weird)
3.) sleeping on a balcony
4.) working at a shoe store &“interning” at Hanging Loose Press
5.) spending most of my time in Bushwick / trying not to fall in love

What are five things (in no particular order) on your to-do list for today?
1.) ask for vacation days (before it gets awkwardly close to the time I need them)
2.) consolidate my student loans while hoping this can be done in one phone call (on my list since April)
3.) read more Mina Loy / finish June issue of Harpers Magazine
4.) learn how to make new sauces for stirfry
5.) talk to my new Super about why my key won’t come out of my door without brute force & commotion

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1.) hummus & rice cakes
2.) cheese & rice cakes
3.) those giant purple grapes
4.) spring rolls
5.) fig newtons

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1.) pay off student loans!
2.) heavily invest in the small presses I love
3.) donate money to many, many international non-profit organizations (advocating for women’s rights; gay & lesbian rights; organizations that bring arts back into educational curriculums; HIV/AIDS research; world wide TB prevention, care, & medication, etc etc etc)
4.) give millions, in particular, to Penland School of Crafts
5.) buy land somewhere quite (forest/lake), move there with the person I love, & get a dog


What are five of your bad habits?
1.) twirling my hair everyday, all day long (this seems to bother other people but it doesn’t actually bother me)
2.) freaking out a lot that all of my friends have decided to hate me & that I might be crushed & destroyed by the people I love (this happens once or twice a month)
3.) not looking away from my computer often enough at work/ leaning in too close to my computer at work (will this make me go blind?)
4.) renting rom-coms when I know I could do better
5.) not putting my wet towel back on the hook when I’m done with it (sorry Mathias)

What are five places you have lived?
1.) Lincoln, Massachusetts
2.) Middletown, Connecticut
3.) Norwich, England
4.) Bushwick, NY ($500 for rent & then $425 for rent)
5.) Sunset Park, NY ($500 for rent- I am thrifty, right?)

What are five jobs you have had?
1.) publicist and media relations, Sierra Club
2.) shoe sales person
3.) used book store clerk
4.) Ford Fellow
5.) Managing Editor for Nightboat Books

Which five people do you want to tag?
1.) Sommer Browning
2.) Justin Marks
3.) Andrea Baker
4.) Zachary Schomburg
5.) Julie Doxsee

2 comments:

Kate said...

the shoes salesperson gets me every time.

Julia Cohen said...

I sure didn't think that one through.