Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Going To Wear You Like a Puffy Vest Press

Well, it's been a long week, hasn't it? Wouldn't you like some random movie footage I've filmed in the last few months to entertain you?

Zachary Schomburg, author of The Mansuit (Black Ocean), gives you 5 seconds of a little hip action:

**

I had a very odd day and saw an elephant committing suicide:

Very sad.

**

The dialogue of this video goes like this (turn up the volume):

Me (inaudible): "Why is writing poetry so hard???"
MS (through his armpit): "Are there flowers in the garden still?"


**

Justin Marks, editor of Kitchen Press, tries to fly a pink helicopter:


Ok, I never said I was a film maker. I also had to delete a lot of 5 second "movies" where you can just hear me saying, "Why isn't this camera taking a picture?"
***

Last night I ended up going to this:

ROOF Books, United Artists, Portable Press at Yo-Yo Labs, Granary,
Cuneiform, Bootstrap, The Figures & Ugly Duckling invite you
to a small press party,
May 15, 2008,
at Max Protetch Gallery, 511 W. 22nd, NYC, from 6-8 PM,

and I bought 6 books for about $25.00. I will tell you more about those books a bit later once I read them.

Ugly Duckling Presse:

ROOF books:

Yo-Yo Lab:

4 comments:

Sommer said...

please post justin mark's amazing lady junk dance.

Julia Cohen said...

I posted that a while ago! Ok, I will re-post soon.

Basically, I just need more videos of poets dancing.

Julie Doxsee said...

I took a walk the other day and was followed by a babysnake. It was so tiny. Like a shoelace on a babyshoe.

Julia Cohen said...

That makes sense. Babysnakes seek out Babysnakes. You know?