Monday, February 11, 2008

Vanity Press Press

Your Choise Is Go Wild Or Go Wild.
***

This is why I love my friends. KA describes the perfect all-night date she had this weekend (makes me feel old):

"We [did dirty things]. Meandered to a 7/11 at 5am for some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Took the train to Coney Island to get some ocean in our shoes. And watched a string of mop-related infomercials. It was kind of perfect."

Even when many things are out of my control, bad things, I remember that there a few certain people in my life that will always make me feel like I'm doing something right.
***

Last night I had a dream that I was the writer for a TV show called "Track Stars & Hot Spies." It starred Adam Brody. Track stars were either being trained as or trained to find and fight Hot Spies. Becuase they were Track Stars, there was lots of running action shots.

I wrote the dialogue and the action sequences.
I think I should stick to poetry & blogs.
***

The Juliet Patterson/ Dara Wier reading last night was great. Juliet had to read over really loud bar music coming from the other room as well as clanging pipes (from the heat?), but she as well as Dara read very well. I usually zone in and out of readings but I mostly paid attention to them. I much more enjoy Dara's serious poems over her funny ones.
***

This weekend I watched a documentary on I.M. Pei:


Pei is very articulate and adorable in his interviews, so in love with containing and displaying space. In the footage, he walks around the different buildings he has designed with a sense of pride in his own accomplishments and humbleness towards the history and future of architecture.

I also watched a documentary on Max Ernst. His face is entirely hypnotic. Some people have hypnotic eyes, but it's his whole face. He went through a lot of women, including Peggy G.



2 comments:

Tinaeatyourham said...

where does one obtain a copy of jurassic soundscapes? hook a brother up.

Julia Cohen said...

dear tinaeatyourham,
go here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-8214588-2460468?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jurassic+soundscapes
I'm sure your girlfriend will love it.