Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Your Cookies are Flat & Stuck Together Press

Ludwig looks at the Joy of Cooking but then doesn't follow the directions. Thus, his cookies come out flat, square, and stuck together (and to my pan). When my friends come over, he forces them to try the cookies and "guess what flavor they are." I'm afraid friends will stop coming over.

***
Anyways, I have mini interview on the Ploughshares blog.

Check it out (I'll tell you about beards & archeology).

Thank you Ploughshares for hooking me up.
***

"On a 104 bus headed for the Upper West Side, a spirited 6- or 7-year-old boy was being scolded by a 30-ish woman. 'Why do you insist on behaving like a a 3-year-old?' She asked sternly. His response was equally emphatic and put an absolute end to the squabble: 'Because I still remember when I was 3 years old, and it was my favorite.'"
--David Powers, NYT Dear Diary 1995

***

There is a crazy amount of poetry going on this week & weekend:

Thurs:
Thursday, December 6th 7pm FREE
Teachers & Writers Collaborative
520 8th Ave, Suite 2020
A,C,E, to Penn Station

wine, cheese reception to follow

Brian Kim Stefans' recent books of poetry are Kluge: A Meditation (Roof Books) and What Is Said to the Poet Concerning Flowers (Factory School). A book of interviews and criticism, Before Starting Over, was published by Salt Book in 2006. He teaches new media studies at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and lives in Philadelphia, PA.

Eric Baus is the author of The To Sound (Wave Books), Tuned Droves (Octopus Books, forthcoming), and several chapbooks. He is a contributing editor for PENNsound and publishes Minus House chapbooks. He lives in Denver.

***

I really wish I could go, I've wanted to hear Eric Baus read for some time now.

***

Friday:
Prageeta Sharma is having a book release party
Friday * Dec 7
5pm ---->
Katy Lederer's
331 Sackett Street 2L
Brooklyn * F-line
917-596-8162

***

Prageeta is so cute, I want to put her in my pocket. Not to mention that she's a fabulous poet. I would put her poems in my pocket as well.

***

This reading is going to be killer:
"Oni Buhanan, Adam Clay & Matthew Henriksen" on Friday, December 7 at 7:00pm.

Event: Oni Buhanan,, Adam Clay & Matthew Henriksen
What: Listening Party
Host: Petre's Big Poetry Series
When: Friday, December 7 at 7:00pm
Where: Pete's Candy Store (brooklyn)

***

If you don't go to that reading, you are a fool. A fool.

***

I'll be a fool, but I'll be a fool in Nebraska so at least I have an excuse.

***
I kind of feel like this today:

1 comment:

Poet Hound said...

Loved the interview! Also, love the photo, I can relate.