Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Safe Word is "Don'tEverStopWhatYou'reDoing" Press

My poetry workshop is over for the semester. Everyone had to bring their A game for the last class, which I think happened, so I took photographs of the lines that wooed me:

"Large bowl baby" What? That's awesome, bring it on:


This poem, "[Civilian Life]" is modeled after and in response to Zach Schomburg's "[Opera Singer]." I think this is a killer stanza:


"Each wrong eyelash"!:




"fire like real fire" I feel like I've heard that before, but I don't care because I like it:


I think, though, the climax of the workshop (I can say "climax" and "workshop" in the same sentence because I am not a pervy male professor, suckers) was when a student rhymed "boob" with "boob" because, as he explained, "I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with boob and this poem has to rhyme."

No comments: