Monday, December 3, 2007

My Intelligence Is Melting Like Icecream Press

I think because I'm allergic to this weather and haven't been able to think clearly it's making me feel like I'm losing my ability to critically analyze anything I'm reading or learning about right now. There is a small part of me that actually feels part of my brain might be melting away for good. Consequently, I went on a bit of a bender and bought a lot of books. The one that just arrived that I'm most excited about is Judith Butler's Giving an Account of Oneself. The book is described as follows:

"What does it mean to lead an ethical life under vexed social and linguistic conditions? In her first extended study on moral philosophy, Judith Butler offers a provocative outline for a new ethical practice- one responsive to the need for critical autonomy yet grounded in the opacity of the human subject."

I wonder when we have not had vexed social and linguistic conditions? Anyways, I'm excited to read this. I think I might fall in love with this book.

***
The reading at KGB was awesome. Kate Greenstreet told off some drunk hecklers and then everything went smoothly. Poetry is bitchin'.

***

This weekend I saw XG who I haven't hung out with in months. I went all the way up to Columbia. I offered to give him his watch back but he let me hold onto it, which makes me happy. He makes weirder doodles than I do:

XG doodle:


XG:


Other paraphernalia in XG's apt:


***

I played battleship against SH at 4-Faced on Saturday (victory was mine) and also caught up with another long lost friend, MA. We cut the tips off of gloves:


I'm trying to catch up with long lost close friends over the next month or so. More so when classes end, as that is part of the reason they got lost to begin with. I'm working on it. I don't want the people I love to stop believing in how much I love them.

1 comment:

Maximum Etc said...

vex these conditions.