Friday, December 21, 2007

I'd Rather Vote for a Potato Than Mike Huckabee Press

Yes, rememember Mike Huckabee? Remember how Chuck Norris endorsed him in an ad? I mean, if you'v forgotten then watch this:

It's like a bad SNL sketch.

But what amazes me more than this clip is that he's still running for president. From a NYT article about Huckabee:

“Who is your favorite author?” Aleya Deatsch, 7, of West Des Moines asked Mr. Huckabee in one of those posing-like-a-shopping-mall-Santa moments.

Mr. Huckabee paused, then said his favorite author was Dr. Seuss.

In an interview afterward with the news media, Aleya said she was somewhat surprised. She thought the candidate would be reading at a higher level.

“My favorite author is C. S. Lewis,” she said.

***

Sad, man, sad.

***


Remember, if you're going to be at MLA in Chicago next week let me know!

***

Oh, photos from my office party. I'm obviously not going to put that many since I don't want to "cross any lines" but:

This is a drink!:


JM:


Me and my previous boss:


Eevryone looks so nice!:

4 comments:

Seek Out New Cloth said...

wow. any boyhood admiration I had for chuck norris just flew out the window. as for the other guy, i'm leaving the country as soon as he is going around punching people in our own country. JEEZ LOUISE.

adam brown said...

Hi, this is not so related to your page, but it is the site you asked me 1 month ago about the abs diet. I tried it, worked well. Well here is the site

AEG said...

I liked the chuck norris.

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is