Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fix My Wrist Press

Um, I'm seriously worried about Carpal tunnel syndrome. I don't want a syndrome. But my wrist mucles on my right hand/arm are getting more painful, burny-feeling. Like in a way that would make me take Tylenol (sp? which I hate to do). So, lovely KL took a positive/pro-active role with my terror and emailed me wrist excersizes:

Carpal tunnel exercises, exercises you can do to help prevent, and ease the pain of, carpal tunnel syndrome. Below are 6 carpal tunnel exercises that you should at the start and end of your work shifts, as well as after any breaks you have throughout the day. These carpal tunnel exercises are simple and only take a few minutes.

Stand straight up and extend both arms straight out in front of you. Extend your wrists and fingers acutely as if they were in a hand stand position. Hold this position for 5 seconds.

Now straighten your wrists and relax your fingers.

Keeping your wrists straight, make a fist and squeeze it tightly. Hold for 5 seconds.

Keeping your fists clenched, bend you wrists down. Hold this position for 5 seconds.

Straighten both wrists and relax your fingers again.

It worries me that in image E, this lady still looks disgruntled. The problem is that even if you are the opposite of "disgruntled," you're still "gruntled." Ew.

Tonight is a sushi/movie night. My roommate left last week without any sort of fanfare and 3 days ago I got a little worried that he was in a ditch or something so I called to see when he would return, and he was in a field in Maine burning wood. A bonfire, if you will. And he said he was coming home yesterday. But he has not... so I'm a bit worried again about the ditch scenario, him lying in it and all. I do hope that when I go home today, he will be sitting in his tiny neon boxers, on the couch, watching VHS. Back to normal.

I took a mini roadtrip to Wendell MA earlier this week. This trip was a very good decision: I got to eat snap peas from the vine, wade knee deep in a pond, feed 4 pigs, and drink home brewed hard cider with good company.


Ok, poetry updates will come tomorrow. My wrist is burning.

1 comment:

Kate said...

when is the lovely KL going to make us brownies?