Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Roommate's Wearing Jean Short Shorts Press

No really, my roommate is wearing jean cut-off short shorts. And my roommate is a dude.

Sad thing:
My brother calls me Typhoid Mary because of my cough. I'm almost better, though:

Mary Mallon (September 23, 1869 – November 11, 1938), also known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States to be identified as a healthy carrier of typhoid fever. Over the course of her career as a cook, she infected 47 people, three of whom died from the disease. Her fame is in part due to her vehement denial of her own role in causing the disease, together with her refusal to cease working as a cook. She was forcibly quarantined twice by public health authorities and died in quarantine.

"Irrational Fear" by Google Image


"Irrational Fear II" by Google Image


I think I have a very rational fear of the second photo.

Reading this Saturday:

June 2nd at 7 PM to the KGB bar
The first reading from THE APOCALYPSE READER, an anthology of new and selected short fiction about the end of the world.
Justin Taylor edited the book, which comes out this week from Thunder's Mouth Press.
The readers will be Tao Lin, Stacey Levine, Jared Hohl, Elliott David, and Jeff Goldberg. Copies of the book will be onsale, courtesy of Mobile Libris.

Reader bios & Directions to the bar are available here- http://www.kgbbar.com/calendar/event/2007-06-02_apocalypse_read.html

2 comments:

Devin Ludwig said...

i'd like to meet your roomate!

Tinaeatyourham said...

I'd just like to borrow his jorts