Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rising from Obscurity Dressed to Impress Press

When I was doing my poetry thesis in 04, there was a two week period that I became completely obsessed with anagrams. I stopped writing poetry and basically anagrammed the name of everyone I knew. It becomes slightly addicting to find an anagram that fits the person perfectly. Anyways, I still love anagrams but not in any creepy way. The best part about it was that many of the weird phrases made it into poems, disguised. In a much milder form, Google image search creates the same sort of fascination- you plug in a name or concept and see what images come up (yes, i know this is an old game, but I'm new to this form of procrastination). I did a basic google search for "Jew" and "Christian" and these images came up on the first page:

Jew by Google:

Jew by Google:

Jew by Google:

Christian by Google:


Christian by Google:


or check out Nihilism by Google:


I think the Christians lose this round.
I do not think, though, I will be puting these images in any poems...
Imagine if children could only learn about the world through google searching images of words and concepts...

2 comments:

John Ashbery Fan said...

The second Christian looks demonic. Frenzied in front of his plate. Yikes.

John Ashbery Fan said...

i'm going to link to these photo searches you're doing, by the way.

amy