Thursday, February 8, 2007

The World is Going HayWire






A) Late Breaking News:
Anna Nicole Smith died today. Sad blow for celebrity magazines everywhere.

B) Will someone please Netflix "Night of the Creeps" for me? This is the IMDB summary from the 1986 movie:
In 1959, an alien experiment crashes to earth and infects a fraternity member. They freeze the body, but in the modern day, two geeks pledging a fraternity accidentally thaw the corpse, which proceeds to infect the campus with parasites that transform their hosts into killer zombies.

(Thank you JMc for the recommendation.)

C) I read the NY Post coming home from class etc last night at 1am and thus, when I went to pick up the Post this morning for my ride to work, I realized I had nothing to read. This forced me to throw down a whole $.50 instead of the usual $.25 for the Daily News. Honestly, not impressed at all. There was a whole section about the best public places to dump your boy/girlfriend before V-day. Did I pay double to downgrade? Well, I learned how to "Ditch That Lame Lover At One of NYC's Top Dumping Grounds":

#1. Washington Sq. Park
"It is the perfect place to say "I'm bored with you.'"

#2.The Waldorf Astoria

#3. Pete's Tavern

#4. PM Nightclub
(Wait, what kind of pansy/jerk actually takes a serious girlfriend to a nightclub to dump her?)

#5. The Met
"I'd go to the Met because it's only a $5 suggested donation. Nobody wants to drop $20 at the MoMA just to have him run out crying after seeing just one Warhol," says Chris, 25.

#6. McDonalds
(Oh man, really?)

#7.The Subway
"You can always get off at the next stop," says Bobby, 27.

#8. On the Brooklyn Bridge
(Wait, does the Daily News not remember that V-day is in February? Anyone willing to walk even 1/2 way across the Brooklyn Bridge in February deserves to be dumped for lack of brain)

I'm not even going to give you 9 and 10, they are too lame. If you have ever "dumped your lover" at any of the above you will be automatically rejected from my heart and you'll have to petition for re-entry. It may involve singing "Sexyback" in a panda costume at either location #6 or #8 during rush hour.

D) I'm excited for the Circumference reading tonight at 7pm.

No comments: